I thought this might be a good time to post some fun-facts about turkeys:
- Turkeys love scarves. Turkeys especially love boas made from the feathers of other birds, mainly chickens.
- Turkeys believe in reincarnation and practice suicidal behavior whenever possible by drowning themselves in the rain or throwing themselves in front of hatchets when farmers chop wood.
- Turkeys love chick drama. Turkeys made up 85% of the Nielsen Rating systems’ viewing audience of both “Dawson’s Creek” and “Gilmore Girls”. Both shows enjoyed unrivaled ratings success until a sudden spike in turkey exports peaking in 2008.
- Turkeys are carnivores – not only do turkeys eat bugs and insects but they will occasionally capture and eat stray chickens, their only natural enemy.
- Turkeys are fast!Turkeys can run up to 40 kilometers per hour and fly as fast as 88 kph making them nearly impossible to catch. Thankfully, the United States still uses the imperial system of measurement limiting the speed of the turkey to only a few miles per hour. That plus the Coriolis effect, which causes the turkeys to run in circles, makes the US the only place where Thanksgiving is actually possible.
Have a great Thanksgiving!